Sunday, February 13, 2011

Written by Us!

Last year, I was approached by Chad Emerson, whose book "Project Future" had recently been published, to write for an compendium of Walt Disney World essays to celebrate the resort's 40th anniversary. Naturally I accepted and am pleased to announce that the book is actually available, for reals, in print, to hold and to cherish!

For those of you looking to complete your (tentative) FoxxFur library, this is my first published material.


The lineup of authors contributing the twenty-eight essays is pretty impressive. On one hand you have fanpress authors like me, George Taylor, Michael Crawford, Sam Gennaway and Jeff Pepper, but there's also contributions by much larger Disney personalities like Lou Mongello and Kevin Yee. It's also safe to assume that this is your only option for reading essays by myself and Mike Lee printed together with an introduction by Jim Hill. The world moves in mysterious ways.

As for my own essays, I've included a revised (and hopefully improved) version of my urban legend mystery story Goodnight George, first published over at 2719 Hyperion. I've also written a totally new account of the Walt Disney World Village with improved coverage of the Empress Lilly and an all-around effort to be more concise and accessible. That the Village article is still somewhat incomplete means either I need to find a new obsession or maybe I just ran out of space.

Anyway the whole thing is now available online at Amazon.Com and you can also get it for your virtual reader Kindle thingie instantly. Or, you can visit the website of Ayefour Publishing for more details!

(FULL DISCLOSURE: I have not received monetary compensation for my contributions to this book and am publishing this article strictly as a voluntary announcement for readers of my blog.)